Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls (Ghost Hunter Mystery #5) by Victoria Laurie

The next episode of Ghoul Getters, M.J.'s cable T.V. show, sends M.J. and crew to Dunlow Castle in Ireland.  Dunlow Castle is believed to hold hidden treasure that is guarded by a phantom. The phantom is said to make its victims see their worst nightmares and taunt them until it runs its victims off a cliff.  Gopher, Ghoul Getters producer, get separated from the group and is missing.  Is the phantom holding him captive or someone else?
Let me start by saying that I love the Ghost Hunter Mystery Series.  They give me goosebumps and have me looking over my shoulder when I read them. 

That being said, I was supremely disappointed in Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls.  It felt like a Scooby-Doo Mystery.  I didn't get the chills I usually do when I read a Ghost Hunter Mystery.  Gilley, M.J.'s sidekick, has become ridiculous and I kept waiting for M.J. to ask him if he wanted a Scooby Snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment